- This event has passed.
Raising Capital Options
Webinar featuring Jen Randolph Reise, JD, Securities Attorney
April 6, 2023, 10:30 AM | FREE
The most daunting task of an entrepreneur is raising capital. After you’ve ballparked how much you’ll need, next you and your attorney need to navigate the types of offerings and draft investment documents to review with potential investors. Join me for a webinar, featuring Jen Randolph Reise, JD, securities attorney, all about investment instruments:
- Options to raise capital: debt, convertible debt, SAFEs, common and preferred stock, Reg D offerings, crowdfunding, etc.
- The types of documents you need for the various options
- When to choose one form of investment over another
- Types of investors and insights on rounds, discounts and due diligence
- Trends in investment vehicle usage
- Tips and what to watch out for
Jen is a Minnesota attorney and entrepreneur. Through her firm, Reise Law (www.reiselaw.com), she advises business owners on formation, capital raising, and other corporate issues. She is passionate about helping founders manage risk proactively and maintain control while raising the capital they need. After graduating law school summa cum laude in 2007, she was in private practice at the Minneapolis office of Taft, Stettinus & Hollister (formerly Briggs and Morgan), and spent four years in-house as SEC and compliance counsel at a public company. She then served as a Visiting Professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law for three years, where she taught doctrinal business law courses with an emphasis on transactional law and business skills.
After the discussion, stay with us for Q&A to get your questions answered.